Professional Workshop: Science and Faith in the Local Church - CAMBRIDGE
Garden Room, Library Building: Jan 9-10, 2019
Deadline for applications: December 12, 2018
Aim of Course
This two-day workshop is for lay and ordained church leaders and for those in training from all denominations to enrich their understanding of the science-faith dialogue. In recent years as the UK has become more secularised Science is no longer perceived as a religious activity. Further, for many the Church is looked at as a community who no longer value the role of science.
This course is for both those who have a background in science and for those who have none. It is specifically designed to:
- Better equip Christian leaders in their teaching on matters of Science and Faith by providing a deeper understanding of the diverse themes within this subject
- Build confidence in Christian leaders to address Science and faith themes in teaching/ preaching/ group study and in pastoral care
The course will comprise three themes:
- Contemporary hot topics in the dialogue between Science and Religion to include subjects such as cosmology, bioethics, climate change and natural disasters
- Science and faith in the local Church
- Pastoral approaches to Science-Faith issues
The workshop will run from 10.00am on Wednesday 9 Jan 2019 to 5.30pm on Thursday 10 Jan 2019. There will be no formal evening sessions.
- The cost of this two-day workshop is £50 to include tea & coffee breaks, a sandwich lunch on both days and all workshop materials.
- Places are limited to 60.
- Delegates will be responsible for their own overnight accommodation and evening meals.
Bookings open soon.
Speakers (listed in alphabetical order) and topics
Click on a speaker's name to obtain brief biographical details.
The Garden Room is on the ground floor of the Library Building which is located in the far left-hand corner as you enter the College grounds. The free buffet lunch is served there.
- Course Application Form and on-line submission
- Course Payment Form (only for use once your application has been accepted)
- Check your eligibility for a Faraday Bursary and to find the Bursary Application Form.
The cost of this two-day workshop is £50 to include tea & coffee breaks, a sandwich lunch on both days and all workshop materials.
Schedule is currently being finalised.