Science, Faith and Human Flourishing
Lucy Cavendish College, Cambridge: July 1-6, 2018
Deadline for applications: May 31, 2018
Aim of Course
** Please note that this is not an automated system. There will not be anyone to respond to registrations for courses from 15th December until the first week in January 2018. Thank you for your patience. **
Speakers (listed in alphabetical order) and topics
Click on a speaker's name to obtain brief biographical details.
- Revd Dr Roger Abbott : The Role of Religion in Human Responses to Natural Disasters?
- Prof. Keith Fox
- Dr Louise Hickman : Historical Perspectives on Natural Theology
- Dr Hilary Marlow : The Biblical Ethics of Creation Care
- Dr Amy Unsworth : What Do UK Religious Communities Think About Evolution?
- Prof. John Wyatt : Ethical Challenges at the Beginning and End of Life
- Prof. John Wyatt : Could a Robot Ever Have Real Human Identity?
The course will be held at Lucy Cavendish College, Lady Margaret Road, Cambridge, CB3 0BU. Click here to obtain further details about the College.
Lucy Cavendish College is set in its own private grounds just off the Lady Margaret Road, within walking distance of Cambridge City Centre, the celebrated "Backs" and the other University Colleges. It is located a few hundred metres from St. Edmund's College, the home of the Faraday Institute.
Lucy Cavendish College is just off the Madingly Road, a main ring road for Cambridge. It is within easy access of the M11 and A14 and has on-site parking. The College is a short taxi-ride from the train and bus stations. Airport coach or train from Stansted Airport (the most convenient airport for Cambridge) takes 30-40 minutes.
Location map for Lucy Cavendish College.
- Course Application Form and on-line submission
- Course Payment Form (only for use once your application has been accepted)
- Check your eligibility for a Faraday Bursary and to find the Bursary Application Form.
Schedule is currently being finalised.